Today would be my dad's 71st birthday. Wow...
That seems so unreal to me. He died at age 42. He will always be
forty-two in my mind.
Today I was listening to Christian radio on my way to school. The topic
was unhealed hurts from fathers. I know that God has healed me from
those things, but the speaker was giving steps to move positively away
from the hurt for those whose fathers had died and there was no choice
One of the things recommended was to make two lists. One was for good
thingsthat could be said about the fathers and the other was the other
things that could be said about the fathers... Since my other list has been
dealt with, I thought that I would honor my daddy and list things that I
admire and/or appreciate about him.
So, here I go, listing 10 things....
1. He worked so hard so that his family would not be raised in the poverty that he was.
2. He always paid his bills on time.
3. We always had nice dependable cars.
4. We never ever had our utilities cut off.
5. He worked well with his hands was able to do alot of things around the house and with our cars.
6. He was always neatly dressed and well behaved in public.
7. He managed to get a college degree after dropping out of school when he was in 5th grade.
8. He dropped out of school in 5th grade to help his mom make money to raise the younger kids.
9. He served in the U.S. military proudly.
10.He had a determination in him. He was suppose to die before I was born of blood clots on/in his brain. He lived for 18 additional years.
I don't have a picture right now. I will get one posted once I can get one of him.
Happy Birthday Daddy.
I love you.