Monday, August 25, 2008

I am so very rich!



The family I was birthed into all live away from me. There is minimal contact. This is sad for me, but it is also healthy for me. It has given me the freedom to go beyond the family expected lifestyle and become a truer me. The manipulations, the angst, the gross misunderstandings of family are not part of my daily existence. I have matured enough to not need my parent's approval for my decisions in life. I have given this freedom to my two adult daughters. In doing so, they are still close to their birth family. It is a choice that they have made. Having my children in my life is very important to me, therefore, I refuse to shut them out because of a difference in lifestyles and opinions. These are my children. These are phenominal people that I want to have the freedom to become who they truly are. I want to be one of their cheerleaders in life. I never want to be a stumbling block. I prefer to be a stepping stone for them. Isn't that what parents are suppose to do? We speak the truth with mercy one to another. We respect the differences whether we agree with them or not. We as a family have chosen to work through the rough patches in our relationships instead of tossing a family member out of the family.
I am very very rich in the family that I now have. There is an abundance of love, unexpected life lessons, committed hearts, substantial life support, and a whole future a head for all of us. I am looking forward to having all my children as adults, chasing their dreams, with their daddy and I helping along the way. This is my truest, most precious gift God has ever given me. The love of my family with no manipulation strings attached. They love because, they find value one in another...they love because their hearts are big and generous. They are not self seeking individuals who are only looking out for themselves. They are also looking out for those that God deemed to be their siblings and parents.
What more could I want as a parent?
I love you my darlings...Kara, Haleigh, Chelsea, Micah, Jordan and especially my sweetcheeks.

1 comment:

Lily said...

Awesome post! Our greatest gifts from God are our children.